- Precise thermal control at the surface of the laser modules
- Uniform temperature distribution across the modules
- High heat flux at the hottest module (30 W/in²)
- Subsystem integrated directly into the customer’s chassis for the most compact and affordable solution
- CFD modeling of heat pipes with a direct expansion cold plate streamlined the design process
Aspen worked directly with the customer on this program to develop a custom solution which fit within a compact operating space. On this program thermal uniformity, audible noise, and price were all critical to the success of the design. Maintaining a uniform temperature across the cold plate was a particular challenge because each of the laser modules dissipated a unique heat load. Aspen designed a cost effective solution which used heat pipes to spread the heat across the cold plate to increase the effective heat transfer area to the active cooling lines – maintaining low temperatures and precise thermal control.